I was told by B&J auto in Lancaster,OH I had a bad fuel pump. They wanted $675.00 to fix it. I contacted another mechanic who told me he could fix it for less. Turned out it was not the fuel pump after all. The work the 2nd mechanic did by dropping the gas tank to get to the fuel pump (it was still good, (My car has 59,000 and odds are the fuel pump isn't bad so soon).

B&J Auto refused to release my car to the 2nd mechanic without having $74.00 down. (Diagnosis charge). It turned out it was misdiagnosed so I asked for the money back from B&J Auto but the owner refused.

In reality I was the one who first suggested to B&J it might be the fuel pump and I was told it was doubtful due to the low mileage on my car. Hmmm..something isn't right with this picture.

Had an Experience with BJ Auto?

Comments

This is unusal for BJ.I have used BJ several times and have never been misled.

I have been on the flip-side of this - where other mechanic have told me wrong and BJ have fix the problem.

The first time i used BJ was after spending over $2200 with three other shops to fix a problem (6 trips total with the 3 shops and still had the problem) and BJ solved the problem the first time for less than $200.

I no longer live in the Lancaster area, but i still take my cars there when i have a more difficult repair - the last two times i had to have the cars towed even though the it cost me over $100 more just for the tow bill.:)